Pine Timber Frame at Sunset
One of the most frequent questions that we get is “why should I build a timber frame instead of more common stick frame conventional construction”?
Here are just a few of the reasons…
- Unique Look and Feel -Most people prefer a timber frame because they love the look and feel that it creates.
- Strength & Security -The strong timbers provide a sense of comfort and security that few other forms of construction can offer.
- Unparalleled craftsmanship – The craft and care required to create the joinery instills the owner with a feeling of pride and marked appreciation in the observer.
- Open Floor Plan - Towering Posts and free spanning beams compliment an open floor plan and provide a wider flexibility for interior design.
- Energy Efficient - Wrapping a timber frame with Structured Insulated Panels creates a highly energy efficient and comfortable living space.
- Supports Local Economy- Local materials and local craftsmen are at the heart of the construction of a timber-frame.
- Highly Durable - Many timber frames have lasted for centuries and in some case even millennia!
- Built to any style – Conventional, modern, Adirondack, and rustic styles are all enhanced by a sturdy timber frame.
- Sustainable Construction – Timber frame construction meets many of the measurable criteria of LEED and NGBP, leading authorities on green construction.
These are the many reasons that people buy timber frames but no doubt, you will find more as you become more familiar with this time honored building technique.